Saturday, May 13, 2006

Spring Splash 2006

Well this year we took off for NOC's Spring Splash on the Nantahala. The strong storms brought up some good boatin' so me and Sam took off to meet up with our Asheville friends Shannon, Mike, Dan, and Dana at Big Creek. Big Creek was at a nice, thumpin' level so we decided to get a highwater run down the Upper...The trip was an absolute blast! Upper Big Creek is one of my new favorites!


Photo of me by: Samantha Brunner

Just downstream of Action Alley Photo by Samantha B.

Photo of Shannon N. by Samantha Brunner

Photo of Mike on Big Creek by Samantha B.

Photo of Dan flyin' through one of many beefy slots on the Upper that day. Photo by Sam.


Mike just after punching a sticky one, shot by Samantha of course.


Sam caught this shot of me approaching another ledge... that water is BEAUTIFUL!

The next day, me and Sam decided to take off for something new. We met up with Mike (Louie) Louis for a run down Tremont.

A beautiful shot Sam took of me getting in to run the last bit of Lynn Camp Prong, before our run down Tremont.

The last drop on Lynn Camp into Tremont, taken by Samantha.... here's me finishing the same drop:


Fun times! more updates on the way so stay tuned...

Boyd :-)